Sunday, July 24, 2005

Knitting Hangover Anyone?

Have you ever had a knitting hangover? I stayed up entirely too late last night and when the Bug woke up at 5:12 am, I was not in the mood to start my day. Luckily, he took a drink and went back to sleep and is still snoozing now, although I wish he would get up so that we can get to the grocery store before church lets out and it gets mobbed. I've discovered that Sunday morning early is the best time to go...it's almost peaceful even, if you can believe that.

I was working on the Feather and Fan scarf last night. Those four little rows are so quick and easy, it gets addictive to see how many you can do, say while watching Shark Attack on the Discovery channel. Yes, dears, it is Shark Week once again, although it is all coming to an end today. Suffice it to say, that when DH and I go on our fantasy tropical vacation to St. Lucia next year, (you know, the one with the to-die-for turquoise waters?), I don't believe this Girl will be going in the to-die-for water to enjoy it. Which is ironic, because that water is what sparked the entire trip idea! Those sharks are crazy!! And they ain't too far off shore either...don't kid yourselves.

I have learned a lot this Shark Week. One, sharks are NOT afraid of their reflection, so carrying a huge ass mirror will NOT save you! Two, sharks like to hang out by sandbars. So don't go near sandbars. Three, if a shark bites you, you have to fight with it and it will probably let you go. The eyes and the gills are supposed to be the shark equivalent of the balls, so go for them! I TiVoed the episode where they test whether punching a shark in its head will get it to go away...I'll let you know how that turns out tomorrow. Apparently the best way to avoid a shark attack is to stay out of the freakin' water!!

Today, after the grocery store, and a million phone calls from my DH who is missing us from Seattle, I have to do some work on the draft of my novel that is currently in progress. It is my first completed novel, and I hope to have it done by the start of the school year. Once I am teaching, it is just impossible to get much writing done at all. So, today, I have to do some of that. Yesterday I blew it off while I watched my husband's plane fly all the way across the country on radar. Very cool. And of course, more knitting and Shark Week. Although I also want to watch the movie Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind on HBO in Demand. God, I love not having to share the TV!! But, honey, if you are reading this...I miss you and love you too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home