Wednesday, August 27, 2008

200

The Elizabeth Bennet Cabled Cardigan from Fitted Knits by Stefanie Japel
The Cascade Cloud 9 in VanDyke Brown is lovely (bought from WEBS online).
Waist shaping and my pretty Knit Picks Harmony Wood needles.  Love them, must buy more!
Roses from my garden.


So, my 200th post? Cool.

I wanted to give you an update on the Elizabeth Bennet Cabled Cardigan.  It is going very well, I'm just to the part with the cables about the waist.  They are written in chart form which I find a bit challenging, I'm toying with the idea of writing them all out, but there are 96 rows for the sleeves, and I just don't know if I have it in me.  I may try to muddle through.

I may be the only person in the world who doesn't find the charts helpful.  I know that you are supposed to be able to "see" the cables on the page, but I don't.  And these charts don't follow the typical vertical/horizontal lines for the knits and purls.  There is a horizontal line for the purls when they are on the RS of the fabric, otherwise the box is just empty.  I assume (making an ass of myself no doubt) that this means to treat it like normal and knit on the RS and purl on the WS?  I guess it will be trial and error because I can't seem to find an explanation anywhere online.  

I hope to have this sweater done in time for Rhinebeck this year.  That is my goal.  

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Beverly said...

Ohhh, it's so pretty! Congrats on post 200!!

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home