Friday, February 23, 2007

TGIF

It's a busy day here...first we had a much-needed chiro appointment with Amy this morning, after we got about 3 inches of new snow last night on top of the two and a half feet we got last week. Then, house cleaning. Now-ish, a visit from my dear friend Colleen and her little guy Cael. Then, a sofa swap with the furniture store, due to the gi-normous hole (okay, it really isn't that big...only about the size of a nickel) in the back of our new leather sofa that was not okay with me (the store actually acted surprised at this fact! Granted, they offered us money back...but what if I want to put the sofa in the middle of a room? And, also? we paid good money for this sofa. It should NOT have a hole in it!). At least they left it for us to use all this week, otherwise I'd have been really annoyed. Later this evening, a sleepover for the middle boy here at the house. This week off has not been very relaxing, but school breaks rarely are. Just a time to catch up on all the house work, laundry and cleaning I don't get to while I work my #1 job.

Today...


Today was the deadline for my oldest son, Patrick, to have no protein in his urine by.

That did not happen.

I called the doctor's office this morning to apprise her of the disappointing fact, and had to leave a message. That was around 10:00 am or so...it's now almost 2:00 and I haven't heard back from her. I realize she is busy, and we are not her only patient, for all I know, she may be in surgery or something...but, man, waiting to hear what she is going to tell us is rough. From what I understand, she'll have to do a kidney biopsy next, figure out exactly what sort of disease is going on in his kidneys, and then try to treat it. I'm trying to stay positive, and not borrow worry, but it isn't always that easy when it's your baby, is it? Even when that baby is, in fact, almost 14 years old. I'm giving her until around 4pm, then I will call again. And again, until I get through to her. This is kind of, I don't know, IMPORTANT!!


In knitting news, I am working feverishly on Rusted Root.

This was yesterday morning's progress, cast-on, and about six rounds. I knit most of the afternoon, and all evening while watching Grey's (one word--ohmigod!) and, voila!:

I am almost to the little decorative sleeve decreases. I am determined to have it finished by Vegas. And hoping, that Patrick's health issues won't impact the trip. I need a vacation, especially if I'm going to have to be strong for him due to this. I am drained and need to sleep, eat, recharge. Is it crazy that we are going to Vegas, and all I can think about doing is sleeping?

2 Comments:

Blogger pacalaga said...

Fear not, kidney biopsies themselves are no big deal. Well, they are, but my stepdaughter had to have one last year (ironically, at age 14) to see if the lupus was trashing her kidneys (it wasn't). They had her lay face down on the table, shot something into her IV, and she fell asleep mid sentence. We went to get a little lunch in the cafeteria of the hospital and hadn't even sat down with our food when the nurse wandered in and said she was resting in her room. In six months, Patrick will probably think it's totally cool and brag about his (tiny tiny) scar.

9:22 AM  
Blogger pacalaga said...

PS - the sweater is totally sweet.

9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home