Monday, January 15, 2007

Lazy

That's what I have been lately. Too lazy to post, too lazy to clean, too lazy to knit much even. It must be the after the holiday blahs...I'm not sure. I did finish up the Simple Knitted Bodice.

Please excuse the work bathroom photos, but that is the only place I have access to a full-length mirror, which is fine with me, but makes for not many options for pictures of knitting. There is considerable blurriness too, it didn't look blurry when I took them...hmmmm.

I am on to a new project now...a baby sweater for one of my friends at work. He is a huge New York Yankees fan, so it is going to be along those lines. I'll show you when I have something interesting to show. Right now it just looks like a blob of knitting. I'm making a bottom up, raglan cardigan to mimic a team jersey. It should be cute when I get it done. Cute--and illegal--in that I am planning on adding the team insignia on it (copyright infringement, I am sure!). Oh well.

I've been thinking about knitting a lot lately. Coming up with a list of must-haves to knit for 2007. So far, I have:

  • a pair of socks for me

  • a cardigan sweater for me

  • a clapotis for me

  • a scarf for Alan

  • a new froggie hat for the Bug

  • and then the list stalls out...

I am trying to knit out of my stash yarn as much as I can. But, we'll see. I am horrible with restrictions, even self-imposed ones. I feel too deprived and immediately binge on things. Not good. But, I am trying.

A lot of my stash came from my MIL who gave me all of my husband's grandma's old yarn stash when they moved her into the nursing home. I feel guilty not using it, because she boxed it and sent it to me, but to be honest, a lot of it is nothing anyone would really be able to use, odds and ends, and all of it acrylic. I think I may make a huge box of it up and either sell it cheap on eBay or donate it to Goodwill or a church or something. It has got to go. The yarn that I have stashed is really only about half of my current stash...if I got rid of what isn't mine, I'd have more room.

For more yarn, of course.

Well, I am off today and I have a list of things to do. And a pile of goodies to look at and read.


I love Borders gift cards for Christmas...so much fun!

PS: Alan and I are planning a trip to Las Vegas the second week in April and since I haven't ever been, we would love some recommendations on where to stay, what to do, etc...and of course, any yarn shops??

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your SKB looks great - LOL at the work bathroom photo.

I would give the acrylic to Goodwill - at least that way you could get a small tax writeoff for it, as opposed to selling it on Ebay, which is a huge pain and it's unlikely to sell on there anyway unless it is too cheap to waste your time mailing it out.

12:29 PM  
Blogger Procrastiknitter said...

Wow, the SKB is gorgegous Jaimi! Love it!

I would try to see if there is a knitting group that might use it. I know that I have used a lot of my acrylic teaching some of my students to knit.

As far as Las Vegas goes, depends on the budget. We have stayed at the Bellagio, Bally's and Mirage. We LOVED Bally's. It was nice to stay at plus they have a direct stop at the hotel for the monorail to go to other hotels!

1:56 PM  
Blogger pacalaga said...

The bodice looks great! You did a nice job.
If it isn't something you'd knit with, you could also donate it to project Linus, especially if it's soft. They make lots of acrylic knitted things, because they're washable, and the funkier colors the better. Check out their website. www.projectlinus.org

2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are amazing wearing SKB! Great job you did!

6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home