Sunday, October 19, 2008

I've been working on Liz (my Elizabeth Bennet Cabled Cardigan).

I have the body finished, the button bands complete, and I had one sleeve almost done...until I realized that I had screwed up and the cables, way back at the beginning, were askew, and off by just a couple of very noticeable stitches.  So, I had no choice but to rip it back.  All the way back.  If something is worth doing, it is worth doing right, right?

What's in the bag??  My Rhinebeck haul!  First up...

Brooks Farm Four Play (50% Wool, 50% silk) in a deep, dusky, almost black, almost navy, this picture doesn't begin to show the color well at all color.  For my February Lady sweater that I have been dreaming of.
This is Brooks Farm Tierra Blend (I don't see it on their site).  It is a Wool/Alpaca blend.  I am going to use this to make Bounce and a pair of mittens for all of the time I will be spending at the ice rink now that Le Bug has taken up ice hockey.
This was a wee, lone orphan, one skein of the Tierra in a cool meld of green colors.  It is going to be either a hat for Le Bug, or a scarf for his mommy.

Speaking of Le Bug, I've wanted him to have a hand-knit sweater for awhile now, but just don't have the time to make it myself.  So...
I bought one at Rhinebeck from Mees and Ewes, a knitting store in Middleburgh, New York.  It is really a pretty color, and it fits him great.  And he will be warm, and I will not tell anyone it was not made by me if they don't ask.  So don't ask.
This is Briar Rose Fiber Arts Celebration yarn.  It is a wool/bamboo blend and it is going to be knit into a Leaflet Scarf.

And hockey has also made me realize that I need to finish my Monkeys...so my feet don't continue to freeze solid during practices.  This is where they are at these days...still on Sock #1.
So, that is where the knitting stands at this moment in time...and I have to start Amy's baby project soon, but you won't be able to see that because it's top secret.

Gratuitous hockey video...he is in Mini Mites, and he cannot even skate yet, as most of them can't.  He is four and a half, and he is #4 because "I am 4, duh Mom!".  That was what he told me when he chose his jersey number...he spends the first half of this clip crawling around...but then, miraculously, he stands up and shuffles around!!



Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

Wow you have been a busy girl! Love the video. He is so cute. My youngest, now almost 6 has always wanted to play "honkey" but alas we live in a very warm climate with the nearest rink 50 miles away.

Did you enjoy your Thanksgiving break?

12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home