Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Every sheepy blankie has a gingham lining


Well, I finally lined the thing. I have had the stuff to do it for weeks now, but just couldn't seem to find the want-to factor to get it done. Today, I decided I had better do it or else I risked having to do it last minute when I hear that Colleen has gone into labor! Procrastination is my middle name, you know.

I decided not to line the entire blanket, leaving instead a border on the backside, which I have to say, looks very pretty. Tied off with pretty grass green satin ribbon. Good choice by me.

Now, I am contemplating making a quick little baby sweater to match. Maybe cream colored, with green sleeves and a sheepy on the front? We'll see.

I have also started over on Connor's socks. They are coming out much more better on smaller needles. (US #2s, instead of #3s). I am just working on the first heel flap using the instructions in Stephanie's book this time. Fun stuff indeed!

PS: KnitPicks now has a superwash worsted weight wool! Ch-ch-check it out!

1 Comments:

Blogger Procrastiknitter said...

The blanket looks great!

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home