Monday, July 17, 2006

Etc...

Here is the lining that I have purchased for the back of the Sheep Dreams blanket:

It is a pretty green gingham. Perfect.

The new project: Socks for Connor (he picked out the yarn, he is 9 and comfortable enough with this masculinity to wear a bright pink stripe). These had been started once before but were frogged due to some issue that I cannot even remember now. He wants them ankle length, so I am making them to his specifications.

Yarn: Cheap Lion Brand Magic Stripe Sock Yarn in Spring Brights.

Needles: US #3s bamboo dpns

Pattern: from the ball band, basic top down sock with heel flap/grafted toe.

Connor is learning to knit! (I suspect mostly out of wanting time to have me all to himself!). He is making a stripey scarf out of a hodge podge of yarn, some my cast-offs, some he has bought with his own allowance. He says its for me...


I will wear it proudly when he finishes.

1 Comments:

Blogger Procrastiknitter said...

I love the backing! Really cute! My Em is 6.75 and learning to knit as well. I'm working on some socks too. Can't wait to hear how the receiver of the blanket likes it!

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home