Monday, July 10, 2006

The Tyranny of Sheep

The sheep are killing me.

They are so b-o-r-i-n-g. I can barely bring myself to keep on with the keeping on. But, as always, I refuse to cast on a new project until this one if finished. Damn knitting monogamy!

I will try to finish these in the next day or so...but I can't guarantee it. Not even the thought of knitting something new will entice me to sprint to the finish line.

Instead, I went to the craft store today and bought supplies to learn how to bead.

Procrastination is my middle name.

My husband left on Thursday for Virginia Beach. He has to go to a special school for his job there for the next 22 weeks. He will be home at the beginning of December. Needless to say, I spent a vast majority of my weekend on the phone with my husband because he was lonely and missing us all. He will drive home next weekend for the weekend to visit us which is a lot of driving--but he is willing to do it so we don't have to be apart for so long at a time.

We have been apart before. When we were first dating, he lived in Milwaukee, Wisconsin while I was here in Albany for about 14 months. We saw each other about once every six weeks or so, and it was very difficult, but it will be harder now especially with a little one who doesn't understand where he is.

On the upside, there will be lots of time for knitting!

Just no more sheep. At least not for a while...I am sure, like childbirth, there will come a time that I don't remember how horrible this is and I will knit another...it is so freakin' cute after all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home