Thursday, May 11, 2006

Progress and well, um, UN-Progress

First, the progress!
This is what I have completed on the Sheep Dreams blanket.
Almost done with the lower squares. There is a very wonky section on the lower left hand border area. I toyed with the idea of ripping back and re-knitting it, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. It is so many rows back! It will be a good exercise for me in Letting Things Go. I certainly need to do that. As well as learning that Perfection is Not Necessary. Another good lesson I should pay attention to.

The un-progress:

Yes, it used to be the start of a sock. I tried it on my foot, and it was too big around, so I tried to rip back to the ribbing on the cuff where the too-big stockinette began, but kept screwing up trying to get the loose stitches back on the dpns. Finally, I got so pissed that I just ripped it out altogether and will eventually re-cast on. Eventually. I don't do well with more than one project on the needles at a time anyways. I guess I am just monogamous at heart.

And lastly, just a shot of where the magic happens.

The spontaneous healing knitting bag

1 Comments:

Blogger Procrastiknitter said...

All hail the healing bag!

Looks like the blanket is coming along! YAY!

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home