Thursday, April 27, 2006

Bits of Progress


First up:

This is a new attempt at sock making. The yarn is cheap, Lion Brand Magic Stripes in a colorway I don't remember...but isn't it colorful? I wasn't sure about it at first, but it looked so darn cute that I figured I could always give them to my 13 year old sister...but now that I see it growing, I kind of like them for myself! I am doing them top down, on US#2 bamboo dpns. I am just not ready for anything other than the classic means for socks. Maybe some time soon I'll try two circs. And eventually Magic Loop, but for now, it is dpns all the time.

Next up:


This is the start Part 2 of the Sheep Dreams blanket. [Part 2 because I had more than this knit and found a huge dropped stitch way back in the second row. Being the perfectionist that I am, I had to frog it back and start over]. It is 119 stitches wide and this stitch that they are calling the Ribbed Stitch has you knit into the front and back of each of the 119 stitches on Row 1, then on Row 2, you alternate between K2tog, and P2tog all the way across, then repeat over and over. It is pretty and looks great in the grassy green Knit Picks Wool of the Andes yarn. It's going to be a great blanket. I look forward to getting farther along on it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Procrastiknitter said...

So cute! I know the feeling about the blanket. I'm that way too. I have some of that Magic Stripe in the Jelly Bean pattern and it's super bright!

10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home