Monday, April 10, 2006

Math...not my strong point

Bloggy Dearest,
Okay, so.

I am NOT a math teacher.

I tell the kids this all the time in class when they expect me to know their current GPA up to the minute--complete with the late essay they just turned in, that is currently ungraded and in my hand still.

NOT a math teacher (pointing at self crazily).
This is not a surprise to anyone who knows me.

However, even I can do this math.

The six skeins of Lambs Pride Superwash that I deemed too expensive for Colleen's Sheep Dreams baby blanket in the perfect shade of grassy green:


$8.50/skein x 6 = $51.00


So now, here is where it gets annoyingly depressing and frustrating:

5 skeins of too green Plymouth Encore from Ebay:
$4.64/skein x 5 + $6.95 s&h = $30.15

3 skeins of [gasp!] cheap, too grayish-green acrylic:
$2.14/skein x 3 = $6.42

8 skeins of KnitPicks Wool of the Andes in the colorway "Grass":
$1.97/skein x 8 + $3.95 = $19.05

Here goes!
Stick with me here, complicated calculations are taking place!

$30.15 + $6.42 + $19.05 = $ 55.62
spent on yarn for the project already, and with no guarantee that I will find the KnitPicks, which has not arrived yet, perfect either.

Does anyone else see the problem with this, or is it just me??

Love,
The Math Wizard

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home