Saturday, March 25, 2006

Happy Early Birthday To Me!

Ok...

So...

I have been using a really boring, el-cheapo knitting bag for the past two years. It cost me a whopping $2.99 on sale at A. C. Moore back when I started knitting and wasn't sure if I would stick with it or not.

ROTFLMAO
(this stands for, "rolling on the floor laughing my ass off"--for those of you who are not up on IM lingo because you don't deal with teenagers)

I wasn't sure if I would stick with it...funny.

Anyway, here is the ho-hum beginner's knitting bag...

I know Amy recognizes it...she has the same one. See, this is what I am saying. Boring, no originality, generic.

So, I have a birthday coming up on April 30th and I've been a bit down about it as this is the year that I get closer to 40 than 30. The ghastliness of it...

Anyway, I have been looking at these handmade (read: extravagantly expensive, decadently delicious) tote bags online. And tonight, with my wonderful husband's permission, (surely, this generosity has nothing to do with the fact that in the coming months he plans to buy an XBox 360 for himself, right?!) I ordered myself one.

Feast your eyes on the new, very Me (all pink and roses) knitting bag!

It is being custom-made as we speak, along with a matching needle case! And yes, it was expensive, (enough to make my head spin--just a little bit--as I sent the money via Pay Pal) but yes, I will love and treasure it always. It's going to be monogrammed with a swirly black "J" on the front to make it even more mine. I am in love with it... SWOON. What joy!

Check out her website if you want to drool a bit...Mimi's Custom Totes. She has them in all sizes and colors and fabrics. Be prepared to covet thy neighbor's knitting bag.

3 Comments:

Blogger hrallen said...

Interesting. My wife is an English teacher for a high school as well. Link t my blog www.hrallen.blogspot.com and share with me my moments in artist creations.
hrallen

8:30 PM  
Blogger hrallen said...

Interesting. My wife is also an English Teacher at a local high school. Log on @ www.hrallen.blogspot.com to view our artistic values.
hrallen

8:32 PM  
Blogger Procrastiknitter said...

I am just LOVING that bag! I'm a sucker for anything pink, roses are just a plus. I may have just decided what my family needs to get me for Mother's Day, however, my beginner knitting bag was made by my MIL who would be forever wounded if I didn't carry it around all the time, but yours is just awesome!

11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home