Thursday, March 16, 2006

Washout

This week has been a mess...a total and complete wash. Monday, I had a professional conference, so I was out of the classroom. Tuesday, I was running a fever and had a sore throat (not strep, thankfully...one of the big teaching hazards). Wednesday (yesterday), I actually went in to work, and made it all of about an hour and a half before I got a call from the elementary school nurse that the middle son was running a fever. My district is so small that grades K-12 are all in one big building...so the boys are right there, which is nice in cases like this. Needless to say, I had to leave work and come home. This morning, the oldest son was running a fever so we all stayed home again today. Sheesh! Tomorrow, no matter what I have to get in to work. Those freshmen will be completely feral if they have a sub one more day!

W.I.P
This is the first of my new works in progress:

This is a basic garter stitch scarf made out of recycled sari silk. I bought two skeins of it on Ebay last year, and wound it (or attempted to anyway!) into balls last weekend. I am knitting it on US #10 bamboo needles and am alternating balls due to an obvious fluctuation in the colors in each ball. This will keep it from looking odd, hopefully. I am doing two rows from each ball and then switching off.

My second new W.I.P:

I am knitting some basic worsted weight socks. The pattern comes from the book Hip to Knit by Judith L. Swartz. My first pair. No fancy techniques...just four US #5 dpns and some really nice KnitPicks Wool of the Andes yarn in Chocolate. I am not doing the stripes that the picture in the book shows. I didn't want to have to think about that while I was attempting my first pair.

This is my first time using KnitPicks yarn and I have to say, I am impressed with this. It has a really pretty sheen to it. And, oh my goodness, how cheap! $1.97 for 110 yards! And so many colors! I will be buying more, I am sure of it.

me, wearing the sock on my hand to show how far I have gotten

So far, so good. But then again, I haven't gotten to the whole turning the heel business.

Well, I am off to Ebay...DH and I have a fancy, schmancy, formal dinner to go to on April 1st, and I have to find earrings to match my fancy, schmancy dress, also bought on Ebay:

I'm going to shorten it up to tea-length because I don't want to over-do it...and because that will better show off these:

I love these shoes!

1 Comments:

Blogger Procrastiknitter said...

Wow, sounds like a lot of busy time there. I know the feeling about being gone from the classroom. Sometimes it's just easier to be there rather than to have to spell everything out for a sub. We were out Monday and Tuesday due to a snowstorm and I have to go back tomorrow and don't want to! LOL. Love the chocolate from KnitPicks. When I'm done with the stashalong I'll be buying some of that.

BTW, your kids are precious! Hope you stay well!

10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home