Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Finally, the Front before the Phantom!


It felt like it took forever, like I was knitting and knitting and knitting and the darn thing wasn't getting any bigger...But finally, the front is done! I am not sure about the crew-neck shaping. I followed the directions to a T, but I am not happy with how it turned out. It called for binding off stitches on each side of the center stitches that were bound off first. This resulted in an interesting and annoying stair-step look. It is very bulky and when I pick up the stitches for the turtleneck, I am afraid that they will be annoying on the inside. If I ever make this sweater again, I think I would decrease stitches instead of binding them off to make for a smoother curve.

Next up, the sleeves...But first, tonight is our date night and The Phantom of the Opera. I cannot wait.

1 Comments:

Blogger lala and gleen said...

Good luck with the sleeves!!! I think it looks fabulous so far.

Keep on Knitting!!!
cheers, Lala

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home