Saturday, January 28, 2006

The Knitting Olympics




Okay, I give...I'm in.

What I am getting myself into? The "Cables in Chamonix" sweater from The Yarn Girls' Guide to Beyond the Basics. I recently was given this book as a gift from a co-worker who bought it and did not like it. [Yes, Amy, when I am done with the sweater, you can borrow it! : ) ].

I want a wearable, washable (this means, yes, indeedy, acrylic) turtleneck sweater. I have a nice chunky navy blue Bernat Softee Chunky in the stash which will be just right. I'll be making the small size, but due to the slightly heavier weight of my yarn versus the GGH Savannah shown in the book, it will be just a bit larger which is my goal anyways.

It is the pink sweater shown on the front cover.

I've never knit an adult-sized sweater...in 16 days? Good thing that I have a week of Winter Vacation in there! The perks of being a teacher!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is like you read my mind!! hehehe
I love this book - I can't wait to see your sweater!

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home