Monday, January 02, 2006

A Brand New Year


The very last of the holiday knitting...a garter stitch scarf for one of my friends at work who surprised me before our vacation with a holiday gift. I hate being surprised when I have nothing to give in return, so I spent the past week, in between every single one of my family members having the flu, knitting her a scarf. She had been admiring all of the young ladies at school who are wearing the new "it" color combination of pink and brown, so I focused on those two colors, although, it seemed a bit much for me, so I mixed in some cream to lighten it up a bit.

Now, the new knitting can begin. I have some yummy new pink homespun and hand-dyed wool that my excellent friend/knitting compadre Amy gave me for Christmas. I think I am going to make a cabled hat and cabled wrist warmers out of it. And, I will be trying out the Magic Loop for socks finally too.

And then, it might be just about time to start the holiday knitting for next year already...dontcha think?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scarf does look good. Hope your coworker will admire herself now (and your knitting, ofcourse!)

6:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home