Saturday, November 05, 2005

Finished Objects...

This was a productive week. I finished this cute and super easy hat for BB#2:

It is adapted from a hat in the book Hip to Knit by Judith L. Swartz. It was the very first knitting book I bought when I first learned how to knit last year, and this is the very first thing I have made from it. It took a lot of fudging to get it made, because I substituted a worsted weight yarn for a chunky one, so I did a lot of casting on and frogging to get it just the right size. This is knit in Lion Brand Wool-Ease. I love the cranberry red color. So does he:


I also finished another stash-busting, holiday scarf...this one is made in Moda Dea Ricochet yarn in the Jazz colorway, a pretty combination of blue, teal, and purples. And it is another fast knit, drop-stitch scarf. I haven't decided who will get this one...perhaps one of my favorite students?

I am waiting, not so patiently, for my first order from Knit Picks. I ordered Addi Turbos for learning the Magic Loop for socks, the Magic Loop booklet, two different colors of sock yarn and the Knit Lit the Third book which I had not bought for myself yet. It should be here soon. Damn the free shipping...it takes too long.

To tide me over, I got a package in the mail today from the Netherlands...you have to love Ebay...with two pair of Addi Turbos in there, and some Dutch chocolate too--Yummy!! It was cheaper to buy them on Ebay and have them shipped here than to go to my LYS and pick them up. Crazy...but true!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home