Sunday, September 18, 2005

So Busy...

Okay, so I totally forgot (as I do every single year) how crazy busy the first two or three weeks of school are. There is all the paperwork to complete, and the classes to get straightened out, and the books to issue, the first faculty meeting, the first union meeting...and on and on and on. Oh, and they always decide to have Open House in there too! (Ours is this coming Tuesday night). So there is the room cleaning and straightening and the bulletin boards to decorate so they look nice for the kids and the parents.

Anyway...in the midst of all this craziness, there has been some knitting. I am still checking away at the checkerboard scarf. It is coming along and getting longer by the day. I also began another baby sweater. This one for a co-worker who is having a little boy in November. Her baby shower is coming up in 2 weeks and I'd like to have it done by then, but I am also being realistic...probably not.

I am being very brave on this one, and designing it myself! Yes, I know, I know, what the hell am I thinking? I have only been knitting for about one year. I have only made one other baby sweater before in that time. I must be insane.

I am using the measurements from the last baby sweater I knit (Debbie Bliss Cardigan with Seed Stitch Bands) and am improvising my own design using feather and fan and stockinette. When it gets to the point where it has something to show for itself, I will post pictures, but for now, you'll just have to wonder.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

Hi!

I'm tagging you for a meme. More info on my blog.

Have a good day!

8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home