Saturday, October 29, 2005

Another Finished Scarf

I know, I know...

It seems like all I knit lately are scarves. The days of the baby sweaters are behind me and scarves are what Christmas is all about this year. That and a little bit of knitting that was owed to the BB#1. He is the only person in our household who I have not knitted anything for yet. Until now...

This is the scarf I knit for him out of Bernat Softee Chunky yarn in the Denim Ombre colorway. It is an acrylic yarn, but with him being 12 and messy, it needs to be washable! It knit up very nicely with good stitch definition (its 100% garter stitch, folks...fast and easy). It actually is very soft, not scratchy at all.

Here he is wearing it...a happy camper!

Today, I went to one of my LYS with my wonderful friend Amy who taught me to knit. (Hi, Amy!!) She was a pillar of restraint and didn't buy anything (can you believe the control?). I walked around with two hanks of Rowan Kid Silk Spray in the Medici colorway. I dreamed of making a scarf...alas, the sheer vastness of my current stash deterred me and I put it down. I did buy a copy of the new Vogue Knitting Holiday edition, some Addis, and a pair of Brittany straight needles in a US5 for my collection. I actually don't own any 5s, so this is a really nice pair.

Next on the needles? This...for my husband who assures me he WILL wear it. He had better! And then, more scarves for the holidays, and a baby blanket for my best friend who will hopefully need it very, very soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home