Friday, November 11, 2005

Goodies

My first order from Knit Picks came the other day...among the goodies: 40" Addis for sock-making The Magic Loop way (I detest dpns--more to come later), the booklet that explains the Magic Loop method, and the new Knit Lit the Third book which I began last night before bed and which, as always, is wonderful.



I also got this--Knit Picks Wool of the Andes worsted weight yarn in Chocolate. For my first attempt at some basic socks.


I also got this, their new Palette yarn, a fingering weight 100% Peruvian wool. This is the Blush colorway, also for socks, but fancy lacey ones, once I get the knack.


My goal this long weekend (lucky us, we have today off for Veteran's Day, although my DH who is a veteran actually had to go to college today...go figure) is to finish this:

This is the crazy long hat I am knitting for my DH at his request. The pattern is very simple, just simple decreases at varied intervals. I am doing my own unique variation on stripes, something more interesting than just bands of the same width stripes as the pattern shows.

It is quite long already, and it is only about halfway done. I am just about at the point where I need to switch to dpns. Actually, last night I moved it onto dpns and tried a round and screwed it up so much so that I had to rip it back and start over. I ended up trying to squeeze a few more rounds out of the 16" Addis I started with (which is where it stands now). Today I will go check out a website for a refresher course on using dpns to try to figure out what went so horribly wrong ( I think I was knitting inside out). Or...if I get brave, maybe I'll try out the whole Magic Loop idea on it. We'll have to see.

And, on a completely non-knitting note...(warning--gratuitous toddler potty shot...)

It was a big day here at Chez Purl, the Bug went poopy and pee-pee on the potty!!



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boy is that picture going to be great for blackmail, or what??!!!! hehe. I hope the Magic Loop thing goes well. Keep us all posted!!

7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home