Sunday, November 20, 2005

Little Things


The first little thing...Le Bug au naturelle. He is always hauling a blanket (he calls them "Bees") around with him like Linus from the Peanuts. And the "Bee" must be held by the smallest little corner with the left fingers so that we can suck our left thumb at the same time. I have no idea what could possibly make this Bug so insecure, but apparently, he has some sort of security issues. You should see his poor little thumb! He has a thick, red, peeling callous on it that is something else. Apparently, his Uncle Gary (on his Dad's side--we blame any of these types of imperfections on THAT side of the family--hehehe) did the same exact thing and had the same exact callous. Very interesting, genetics, aren't they?
That little thing inspired this little thing. My first attempt at mittenry (is that even a word? It is now, the woman with the Masters in English says it, so be it!). It is a two needle mitten, aren't you shocked that I didn't use dpns after all my complaining about them? It is so small and so sweet, and I can't wait to get the other one done so his little fingers will be warm...especially the poor abused thumber. They knit up quickly on US 5 Brittany Needles with worsted weight, handspun. (My Rhinebeck purchase, actually). I made a little hat to match last weekend, but I will be damned if I can find it anywhere. He won't leave it on his head. I think I will have to pick up some stitches and add ear flaps and ties. Speaking off ear flaps and ties...
One last little thing, this cute little baby bonnet. I adapted it to add the ear flaps and ties from this pattern on Larissa's blog. (Scroll down to the cute little green hat!)It is the cutest littlest thing around. I will give it to whichever one of my sisters/friends/coworkers/acquaintances shoots out a little pink one next. What incentive! Any takers?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home