Thursday, February 23, 2006

The Never Ending Sleeve--Day 13


The sleeve is in fact, never-ending. And worse of all, it is only the first one. I still have to do the other. If I had been thinking, I would have cast them both onto the needle at once, and feel like I was making more process...but alas, I am not that smart it seems.

So, today I had planned to go to Target to get a big Rubbermaid bin in which to store the stash which is quickly over-taking the area underneath the sofa (in a big zippered comforter storage bag). And to deal with the inherited stash that I got from my mother-in-law that is taking up way too much space in the bedroom. I also need to go to JoAnn and get some navy blue embroidery floss to use to finish the sweater when it is done. However, a quick look at the counter over at the Yarn Harlot's (3 days, 4 hours, 19 minutes, 22 seconds!! YIKES!!) smacked some reality into my silly brain. Instead, I will be planted on the bulging over with yarn stash sofa, doggedly knitting away on the Never Ending Sleeve #1 and hopefully getting a good deal done on NESleeve #2. Then, tomorrow--finishing up and blocking. Then Saturday, sewing it all up and picking up stitches for the turtleneck. If all goes well, completed early...but let's be realistic...you just know that we are going to get unexpected company or something that will fuck the whole plan up.

I am beginning to wish I hadn't told a soul about joining the Knitting Olympics so I could just chuck the pieces into a bag and walk away with my pride in tact. However, I don't seem to work that way. This sweater will be finished on time...it just will.

By the way...this,

was absolutely wonderful on Tuesday night. The girl who played the role of Christine was actually the understudy's understudy...but she was phenomenal. My husband turned to me halfway through and said, "Holy shit, how good are the actual actresses if this one is so awesome?" I don't know...I'm guessing pretty good.

The staging was incredible! I've never seen it done on Broadway before, so I have nothing to compare it to, however, the lady at the restaurant where we ate dinner before the show said that she believes (and has heard from others), that they feel that the transitions between the scenes for this touring production are superior to the Broadway ones. All I know is that the set was draw-droppingly stunning and beautiful. The lady behind me kept gasping and screaming out whenever the pyrotechnics went off. It was funny. You would have thought she had never seen a firework before!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home