Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Damn Distractions!

And no, I don't mean the children (although they are distractions aplenty).

I mean these:

Has my mail delivery person never heard of the Knitting Olympics? Does he not know of the evil insidious countdown ticker that is tick-tick-ticking away as we speak I type over on the Yarn Harlot’s web page? Can’t he hear it? It is ticking as loud as Marissa Tomei’s biological clock in My Cousin Vinny. I can hear it resonating through the house. Can’t you??


How DARE that blue uniformed yarn pusher drop off these glossy temptations in my grubby little paws, okay, okay, so I met him at the door on my doorstep when I am hard at work on a sleeve? Does he have no mercy? None at all?


And have I looked at them? Ummm...


no


but I desperately want to.


I noticed today while checking in on other KO athletes that a lot of people are throwing in the towel due to fatigue, annoyance, and other types of butt-kicking type crap personal reasons. I am torn between gloating in their tired, quitter faces, and very smartly holding off until I see if I will successfully finish my own crazily-too-much-to-do-in-16-days project and join them over in the stands. Since I don’t want to get my butt kicked by some sleep-deprived, once-athlete Knitter for some other sleep deprivation induced poorly placed and poor sportsman-like comment...I will sign off now, and get back to the fucking ridiculous knitting pace that I am forced to commit to in order to finish on time and NOT be a quitter business at hand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home