Sunday, March 12, 2006

An entire afternoon

So, exactly how long does it take to wind two hanks of recycled sari silk into balls by hand because you do not own a swift and a ball winder?

For a hint, see the title of the post.

What a mess! The livingroom looked like it had been attacked by technicolor spaghetti that had then decided to tie itself into, oh let me see, about eleventeen million knots that needed to be unwound and figured out.

But I am making progress. When I first started winding balls by hand, I usually ended up swearing and throwing said balls around in frustration. Now I just accept it as part of the reality of being swift-less and try to view it like the knitty version of the Rubik's Cube.

Strangely, this helps.

Needless to say, no new knitting pictures to share.

I am making a scarf for myself out of the aforementioned sari silk. We have a field trip to Boston on the 31st, and I thought I'd like a new colorful scarf to throw on with my jean jacket that day. So, there you go. Just a simple, garter stitch scarf with fringe.

I did also try out the Magic Loop today. Let us just say...I need to try it again on a day when I wasn't already annoyed at yarn in general. I was not doing something right, that was abundantly clear to me.

Tomorrow my order from Barnes and Noble comes with some new knitting books. I can't wait!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home