Tuesday, March 14, 2006

The Truth About Socks

There is a truth about sock-knitting that I discovered accidentally today. (I am home sick with the worst sore-throat ever...not an asset for a teacher who has to talk all day for a living!).

The truth is this...Magic Loop is not easy. I also got the book Socks Soar on Two Circular Needles by Cat Bordhi. Also, not easy.

That is when the epiphany came...

Perhaps in order to understand how Magic Loop and Two Circs works, one must first understand how the good old-fashioned 4 DPN method works.

And so...my first attempt at sock-knitting, the traditional way. [Blogger is being tempermental and won't let me upload a picture, I'll add one later if I can get it to work!]. I'm using Wool of the Andes by Knitpicks in Chocolate. I am done with the 2x2 rib and am now working my way down to the heel, which will be a mystery to me. We'll see how it goes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home