Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Goodies in the Mail

I came home today to a teensy tiny box, wrapped up in a trash bag (its rain-snowing today here in NY) sitting forlornly on my doorstep. I couldn't imagine what was in it.

Surprise! It is the black Plush for the Sheep Dreams blanket that I am making for Colleen and Marc's little one on the way. This is the black for the little rebel black sheep in the corner. So cute...The Cream Plush is also on its way from a different online source.

In the package is also a little splurge that I just had to have. Some Koigu KPPPM sock yarn in colorway #304. I cannot get my camera to take an accurate picture of the colorway. I've tried a million different shots and no good.
Here is the photo of the color on the website which is amazingly accurate, at least on my monitor.

It is a gorgeous colorway. It reminds me of lilac bushes...glossy deep greens and all shades of lilac. I can't wait to be good enough to make a pretty pair of lace socks for myself out of them!

The online store is called Kaleidoscope Yarns, and I am pretty impressed with them. Reasonable shipping rates and SO FAST! I ordered this on Sunday night, and today is Tuesday. Granted, it didn't come far...from Vermont to New York, but still. Very quick!

1 Comments:

Blogger Peevish said...

Oh wow.. serious deja vu! I bought that exact same colourway from Kaleidoscope, and I have that picture as a backdrop on my computer!

:)

12:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home