Thursday, April 20, 2006

Resurrection


Here is the recycled sari silk scarf that the cats mangled last week. I patiently frogged it back to almost the very beginning and reknit it. The yarn is interesting. I'm not sure I'll ever need to make anything out of it again, but I like the colors. On the down side, it has a weird smell to it. I insist that it smells like body odor, but my husband says it doesn't. When I cast off, I will spray it with Febreeze and let it dry, then store it in a ziplock bag with a dryer sheet for a bit to see if that helps.

I might be all in my head--the whole concept of RECYCLED might be making me smell sweaty pits where there are, in fact, none.

I do like the unexpectedness of the yarn.

It's hard to see, but right smack in the middle of the scarf is a splash of pure white. So much fun.

We are off to my mothers for a few days of vacation...and a stop here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home