Wednesday, July 11, 2007

I couldn't leave you bumming

I feel bad leaving y'all on a downer, so I thought I'd share the niftiest, fanciest, coolest new trick up my Mommy sleeve.

The Bug needed a haircut yesterday, so I tried this new place in town called SnipIts. It is like a SuperCuts, Fantastic Sam's, etc...but totally geared toward little kids. It cost a bit more ($16 instead of $11) for a haircut, but Campbell didn't cry the entire time, and I actually got to sit quietly and read a magazine for almost 20 minutes. Well worth the extra $5.

It is so cute, they hand the kid a plastic card (it looks like an oversized debit card) and at the end of their haircut, they scoop up a piece of hair from the floor, stick the hair into a cartoony machine along with the plastic card and a cheesey prize comes rolling out the other side. Campbell got a rope bracelet. And the stylist had lollipops, animal crackers, and bubbles to blow! I mean, I wanted to get my haircut there.

So. Much. Fun.

He got a great haircut, the best ever. Probably because he wasn't wiggling all over. They have a TV screen right in front of the chair and they have a cartoon that plays with animated scissors and clippers and combs. Cute! The girl was super friendly, and all of the stylists looked happy to be there. (Usually they get that look when we walk in the door, like, oh crap...it's a kid, I don't want him!) Not at all here. Just happy happy joy joy.

Refreshing.

They don't seem to be all over yet...but it was a great change from the usual crying and tantrum throwing Cam usually puts us through. Oh, and they do manis/pedis and spa parties for little girls.

It made my uterus ache for just one more try for a little pink one.

Seriously.

2 Comments:

Blogger pacalaga said...

Aw, fun! I'll look around to see if there are any here, you know, when I stop being the weird mommy who gives her own kid a mohawk.

3:43 PM  
Blogger Procrastiknitter said...

(((HUGS))) to you and your Gramma! I'm sorry I haven't been around, but I'm definitely thinking of the two of you!

The Bug sounds fun! I'll switch you a pink for a blue anyday! TOO much ESTROGEN at my house and they are just 4.5 and 7.75! LOL

2:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home