Tuesday, July 10, 2007

I Heart Magic Loop

The finished and blocked Clapotis is finally here...


I have been craving sock knitting. It was ridiculously strong, the urge. I decided to try something new, and am practicing the Magic Loop method. I'm not good, yet. But, I will be. I love the concept so far. I still am getting ladders where the two halves meet, however, nowhere near as bad as I sometimes get with dpns. I can see this being a useful trick to know for sleeves, etc...but I have to admit, I miss my dpns for socks. Eventually, I also want to learn how to do socks on two circs and toe up socks, so I have lots of socks to be knitting in the coming months.

I made more backward progress on my Rusted Root. I frogged it back almost to the underarms. It looked like crap, and I couldn't live with it. It was just sitting in my basket, not being worked on while I tried to deal with its imperfections, but in the end...I could not. So, I ripped it back and will plod ever onward. Trying to get it done in time to wear it this fall. I can wear it with a long-sleeve blouse under it, though, so I should be fine.


Up next?

The V-neck sweater from Fitted Knits with the yummy Cascade Pastaza yarn I bought in Lake Placid. And also, I have the Cloud 9 to make the Elizabeth Bennett cardigan from there as well...but I am suddenly not overly fond of the shade of pink yarn I bought.


I know...shocking.


To be honest, it is a bit too Pepto-Bismal for me...I wanted something a little softer.


I may have to use that yarn for something else in the future and re-buy the yarn in a different color. I am starting to really love the lavender shade it is made up in for the book and that Stefanie Japel wore on her episode of Knitty Gritty.


Sigh...


Decisions.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Tola said...

Magic Loop rocks the socks off! I will never go back to DPNS ever. To avoid the ladder, snug up the SECOND stitch on the new needle. Trying to snug up the first stitch just causes it to be too tight when you whip the cable through to do the other side. Good luck, and give your Gramma a big hug from me too.

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home