Thursday, August 31, 2006

Bug Socks

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

It's funny how the projects you are working on take on the environment and memories from where you are working on them, and what is going on around you. My blue turtleneck sweater will always be my Knitting Olympics sweater. These socks will always be the Virginia socks because that is where the vast majority of them were knit.
They are fraternal, on purpose. I think they are cuter that way, almost matching, but not quite. I actually wanted them to be even more dissimilar, but the yarn just didn't see it that way.
I did make the second one just a tiny little bit longer in the foot. Something wonky happened last night while I was finishing it...the foot seems a bit narrower than it should be. I think maybe I forgot a few straight knitting rounds on the foot shaping.
It is possible...I was distracted.
I caved in to a guilty pleasure and watched Dirty Dancing on television. I have seen that movie at least eleventeen million times, but still, if I can catch it from the beginning, I will watch it every single time. It was popular when I was a senior in high school and it brings back a lot of memories...good memories.
"Nobody puts Baby in the corner."

4 Comments:

Blogger pacalaga said...

Oy, my husband watches that often. It's not as romantic now as it was when I saw it the first zillion times. (I mean, she bends over backwards to help these people who treat her so badly? How co-dependent is that?) Anyway, I don't like it so much, but am compelled by bonds of teenage memory to watch it whenever it's on. DH drives me nuts and will put it on and then go do something else. I never want to watch it, but I have to.
I think my favorite line is just after yours, though, when the mom and dad are watching her dance, and Mom leans over and says, "She gets that from me."

11:43 AM  
Blogger Me said...

It IS a bit co-dependent and pathetic in retrospect, isn't it? I love that line too. While I was watching it last night, I couldn't help noticing what a horrible actress Jennifer Grey was at the time. It is really bad in places.

Tonight they have the psedo-sequel Dirty Dancing: Havanna Nights on. I haven't seen it. I am sure it sucks.

12:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dirty Dancing is the best guilty pleasure movie. Last time I watched it I was really sad because I miss Jerry Orbach (like I know him personally or something).

1:41 PM  
Blogger Me said...

kristin,
I did too! I couldn't get over how young he was in that movie. He was hardly gray at all.

I would bet money that if nothing else is on TV tonight I will at least attempt to watch the sequel.

This is what happens when you are husband-less and don't have to share the television!

3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home