Thursday, August 17, 2006

Virginia

Well it is early, and we are off.

We have to drop Cooper off at Le Hotel Doggerie, then a drive through Dunkin' Donuts for some caffeine and then hit the NY State Thruway headed south.

I will be able to post at my husband's apartment, I think, but whether or not pictures will be involved--eh, I don't know if we have that kind of technology...drivers, cables, etc...down there. I think we do, but if not, there will just be lots of pictures when I get back.

Thanks for all the good wishes for Colleen and also on the topic of my bridge phobia. I'm sure that I'll be fine.

Definitely. I'll be fine.

I'll be fine, right? Squeak!

Watch the national news tonight...if there is no mention of a crazy lady having a panic attack on the Chesapeake Bay/Bridge and causing a ruckus, or of a major engineering collapse of said bridge? then I am fine.

: )

3 Comments:

Blogger pacalaga said...

You feel about bridges the way I feel about submarines. Even that old ride at Disneyland freaked me right out.
I'm convinced that as soon as I set foot on one, all the million failsafes would, of course, fail simultaneously, and it would sink to the bottom, roll to the deepest part of the ocean, and implode. Just cuz I touched it.
Claustrophobia and a fear of drowning make for a powerful combination.
Anyway, I hope your trip didn't cause you too much grief - WE know you're fine, but doing it all yourself is another thing entirely.

Carrie

PS - My word verification was bttksn. Maybe I have tried to figure out too many obscure license plates, but to me that reads "butt-kissin'". Yikes.

12:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a one time Navy submariner, let me assure you that if you were involved in a submarine accident, you would not drown or explode. You'd implode, squeezing you, the submarine and everyone else into the size of a sugar cube. Hope that helps.

PS - Jaimi and the boys made it down here fine.

Alan...Jaimi's Hubby

8:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

enjoy time with hubby!

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home