Friday, August 11, 2006

Pile o' Knitting...(and lots of links!)

This sad little pile of mystery knitting...

Turned into this:

A modified Baby Yoda sweater. I changed the collar a little bit by adding two extra rows of garter stitch to make it more of a stand-up collar. It is the cutest little thing. This is such a sweet little sweater to knit, and fast...it is quickly becoming one of my favorites. Thanks, Cari!

It goes with Colleen's Sheep Dreams blanket. I like that it could go for either a girl or a boy (although, I am feeling like she is going to have a boy...don't know why, and just so you know, this usually means she will in fact have a girl. I am almost always wrong! Ask Connor, he slept in a pink rosebud bassinet because I was sure he was a girl and he wouldn't cooperate during sonograms to find out for certain.)

Anyways...I just couldn't bring myself to do one freakin' more duplicate stitch sheep on the thing, so...

I just winged it and free-hand embroidered an outline of a little guy on there. Cute, right?

GASP! Does his tail make it look like he is pooping? One of the boys just asked me if it was poop. Granted, they are all about the bodily function humor lately, but--now I have a complex. Poop or Tail?

Up next?
I was thinking, I should probably start a project to wear to Rhinebeck in October. Right, Amy? Last year, as a relatively new knitter, I made a scarf that I forgot to even wear that day in the fiasco which was my first trip to Rhinebeck.
Read, it, you really should...I'll wait.
I cracked myself up re-reading it! So funny now, so NOT funny then. Oh, and I think I can manage to stomach going with a friend now, a year later. [Wink, wink, Amy. We still have to craft our master plan for getting me away from this den of testosterone for that Saturday at least...we'll talk.]

For the occasion, this year, I am thinking I will knit this (the long sleeved version). Seriously? "The easiest sweater I will ever make"?? How could I not? I mean, this was my first sweater!
Since I am not a millionaire, instead of the oh-my-god-how-much-for-one-sweater? Tilli Tomas yarn, I will knit it in this. If I can decide on a color. I am down to Bordeaux, Dublin, or Truffle. Leaning toward Dublin...

or Truffle...

or Bordeaux.

You can see the dilemma.

But, I have to wait to buy the yarn until my first paycheck when I get back to teaching after Labor Day...not because I can't afford it now, but I pledged to myself, not to buy ANY new yarn all summer and I haven't broken the promise. The last yarn I purchased was over Memorial Day weekend. Aren't I stoic? A trooper? Full of self-control?

And as for the beaded, flashy sections in the sweater? I think I will string my own beads on a carrying yarn and do it that way. I am such a rebel. And, also? I've bought lots of beads this summer...because, after all, I didn't promise not to do that.

In the meantime, in the interest of keeping self-made promises, I will bust out some pretty acrylic from the ancient stash (way back before I knew that acrylic was NOT the bees knees):

Red Heart Super Saver in Artist Print, which reminds me of an impressionistic painting, I can't even care that it is acrylic, look how pretty! And it will be washable...very good.

and start this.

You in Amy? We've been talking about it since you taught me!



This post's pictures courtesy of my brilliant brain which figured out a way to use just plain html code to put in photos stored on the web and, thus, completely avoid Blogger's ridiculously unreliable photo tool. Of course, then I had to figure out how to make them normal sized, and not HUGE like they initially were...but I think they are okay now! I am a rocket scientist my loves!!

6 Comments:

Blogger pacalaga said...

Tail, definitely.
And if your coloring in your picture is at all accurate, go for Truffle. It would look so wonderful on you, and be all autumny.

3:32 PM  
Blogger Procrastiknitter said...

So cute! Wow you have been uberbusy! As far as Grey's goes, you will be VERY suprised with Season 2!!!! LOL.

5:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

super cute sweater..and definitely tail! I also love the sheepy blankie and the way you lined it. Umm..I'm not much of a sewer, so I was wondering if you could give me a quick lesson on the lining. I love how it is not to the edges. Machine sewn, hand sewn, preference?

6:01 PM  
Blogger pacalaga said...

Your Bug is pretty darn cute with that little Care Bear. (I have a love-hate relationship with those, since my name is Carrie and I was called Care-Bear all my life.)
Thanks for the mattress stitch tip. I figured that was it, but I'd never actually seen anyone type that straight out, and most patterns just say "sew the sweater pieces together".

11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am in!! Let's knit some new stuff and wear it to Rhinebeck!! Woo Hoo!! We will just leave the little boys with the big boys!

11:08 PM  
Blogger Me said...

Amy,
You need a blog woman.

Anytime we leave the big boys in the care of the little ones is always a good time...sounds great to me!

1:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home