Saturday, September 02, 2006

O' Tilli Tomas, Tilli Tomas, Wherefore Art Thou Tilli Tomas?

My students struggle to understand that line in Romeo and Juliet...they think she is asking where he is, but in fact, it means why is he Romeo and a Montague, and forbidden...
Well, I figured out that all the yarn indecision all really stemmed from one simple fact:

I really want the Tilli Tomas yarn that the Glampyre Simple Knitted Bodice calls for.
I scoured the Internets for possible substitutions, but they were all lacking something. A certain je ne sais quois. I really tried to find a good substitute. Berroco Softwist came close. Andean Silk, was almost there until someone in the blogosphere said it is a bit on the fuzzy side...makes sense, alpaca and all. The SKB cannot be fuzzy, it is not a fuzzy sweater. So I scoured some more. Hours yesterday. Hours. I scoured...

I did.
I was ready to compromise.

Then my husband ruined everything. He uttered these powerful words...

"Sweetie, why don't you just buy the silk yarn? You deserve it."

This did not help with the self-deprivation at all.

So now...
now it is down to this:

Moroccan Blue

Ruby Wine

Or...

American Beauty...like the roses, I love roses

photos courtesy of Littleknits

And on the topic of roses...and wonderful husbands who spoil me:

I'm leaning toward one of the red yarns. I love the blue, but I can't see wearing the blue with jeans (too much blue), and I've already decided that if I am spending $140 on yarn for this sweater--Did I just say that? Help me darlings, I feel light-headed--if I am spending that kind of money...I am wearing that freakin' sweater A LOT and that means jeans, because except for work, I live in jeans.

I can see the ruby yarn with dark wintery lipsticks...but the true red...ah, American Beauty, I love me some roses. Hopefully my love affair with Tilli will end much more happily than Juliet's with her Romeo.

In Bug news. He discovered Magic Markers. Let me rephrase, he secretly discovered Magic Markers.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

before

Luckily, they are washable Magic Markers!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

after

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I vote for the ruby wine. I think that you would wear that color more. But I really like the american beauty.....

9:02 PM  
Blogger Andrew McAllister said...

Wive should definitely be spoiled by their husbands (and vice versa). Wouldn't the world be a nicer place if everyone took that to heart?

Andrew
To Love, Honor and Dismay

9:47 PM  
Blogger pacalaga said...

Good job, hubby!
I love all of them. I would wear the blue with jeans, but that's just me. I like the deeper red, too.
What does your spoiling husband think looks best on you?

C

11:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Send hubby over here! I really need guy like him (only becaus of yarn). Happy, happy knitting! Oh, and yes, I am green of envy!

2:24 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Ruby Red. No contest. (But pink was perfect for the roses.) md

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home