Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Flashback

Today was Flashback day at school. It is Spirit Week in anticipation of Homecoming this weekend. My girlfriend Sue and I decided to get back to our 80's roots. One of us took it more seriously than the other.

Any guesses which one of us?

(Notice the unfinished lockers? We are in the midst of a huge renovation/construction project at school this year.)

Yes, those ARE legwarmers...and NO, they are NOT vintage. I bought them last night at Target. They have lots. Apparently they are making a comeback. My hair is not anywhere near big enough. I guess you need a perm to make the teasing stay. I used Aqua Net and all, but the curling iron curls didn't cut it. Halfway through the day, I traded my horrid black bow for a side pony-tail. So sexy. You cannot see the clear lipgloss over pale pink frosted lipstick and frosted blue eyeshadow in this picture. I had to go to two stores to find anything even close and it wasn't close at all.

Sue was rocking a headband...and big geometric 80's earrings as well as her Capezio shoes! So funny.

Most of the teachers thought we were crazy...and they were big poops and didn't dress up.

Leave it to the English Department to be crazy.

In knitting news...I am working on Amy's socks. The Simple Knitted Bodice is just kind of hanging out in my bag, waiting. Apparently I can only be a monogamous knitter despite my best intentions to be a knitting 'ho.

2 Comments:

Blogger pacalaga said...

You just have to alternate days. MWF for bodice, TThSa for socks.
Oh, the 80s. I seriously rocked the mall bangs.

7:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, legwarmers . I had striped ones in primary school and Mom knitted them! That were the times!

4:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home