Sunday, September 24, 2006

Progress Report

Grey's:

I am up to the last two episodes from last season and then I can watch the new one I recorded on the DVR Thursday night! Hooray! Hopefully, this will all happen today.

Simple Knitted Bodice:














This is the beginning of the yoke. It is, of course, a top-down raglan design so the stitch markers are marking out where the back, fronts, and sleeves are situated. I have never knit a sweater like this before, so this is all new to me. I was worried that I wasn't doing it right until I noticed how the increasing was making those tell-tale lines on the sweater that I have seen on others. I was relieved...














I almost didn't take any photos today as it is really gray and crappy outside, but actually, these (taken without the flash) seem to be the best representation of the true color of the yarn that I have been able to capture, so go figure. Don't you just love the subtle variegation of the yarn? And It. Is. So. Soft! Very lovely.

I am knitting the size small. I was considering making the medium because I am right on the line measurement-wise, but I decided that I like the way the burnt orange sweater looks in the pattern better than the olive. And everyone says that the silk will "grow" with wearing, so I decided to play it safe and knit the small.

What will I do if it doesn't fit? Will I give it away to someone else?

Hell no!

I will rip it out and patiently, in a zen-like state (this usually requires alcohol), I will re-knit it in the larger size. I did order enough yardage for the medium, so yarn isn't an issue.


And now, a moment of spontaneous cuteness...The Bug, who discovered that Fudge Stripe cookies have a hole in the middle, especially designed for eyes.

4 Comments:

Blogger pacalaga said...

I don't watch it either - I don't have a DVR, my VCR is spotty at best, and I don't have time for more TV! (Currently I have 23 podcasts, mostly back-issues of Cast On, waiting to be listened to.)
I like the orange top better than the olive, too, but I can't tell if it's the fit, or if it's the shirt the model is wearing underneath.
Cute bug!

5:24 PM  
Blogger Pixiepurls said...

I'm knitting the small and it has stretched out a lot.. I wish the center pulled in more, but I think once I get the sleeves on it will all come together well.

6:47 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

I think the small will be fine - it does stretch and it's a design that I think looks better on the tight side than loose.

8:02 PM  
Blogger Olga said...

Hey, Jaimi! I came over here to thank you for the potato advice, and totally got caught up in your latest news, i.e. Grey's, SKB, etc. I personally detest McDreamy...I'm in love with George! And that yarn is delicious. It's just the color I would have picked for myself. :-)

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home