Saturday, September 09, 2006

The Grind

Well, the first week of school is in the books. Well, I actually haven't put anything in the actual book yet because at my school we will continue to get new students enrolling and leaving for the next few weeks...we have a lot of transient students...it's a socio-economic thing.

My classes are good. I have three regular Ninth grade sections, a section of Ninth grade Honors, and a section of Juniors. I taught ninth and eleventh last year, the honors bit is new, but interesting. I only have 9 kids in there. How awesome.

The school building is a mess due to renovations and construction and we are in a temporary Faculty room with no telephone or computers, but in the end, next year, we will have a beautiful new addition and it should be wonderful.

Needless to say, though, I haven't gotten ANY knitting done this week. In fact, I have made negative progress if that is even possible! I had to rip out the Clapotis because I had screwed it up some rows back and couldn't figure out how to rip back judiciously and still remember where I was at, so I just frogged it all. It's a quick knit anyway, so I'll get back to it eventually.

My horribly extravagant Tilli Tomas yarn (thanks to everyone who left messages about how I DO deserve it!) still has not arrived. I only ordered it on Monday, and the online store DiscountYarnSale says that because they are a small outfit with reasonable prices, that it takes a bit longer. I am a little concerned because they are now showing that they are out of the Tilli yarn, and they had pre-authorized my debit card for the money, but now it doesn't show on my online bank statement as either pre-authorized or processed. I am wondering if I'll be getting a notice that it is on back-order or something. I'm trying to be optimistic and think that they shipped it today and the bank is in the process of changing it from pre-authorized to processed.

Never fear...if I can't get my fix there, I will find some place else. At this point I am over the shock and even if it's a little more expensive, I think I can order it without such an anxiety attack!

Today, school work...well, a little anyway and I want to cast on Amy's birthday socks. I'm determined to stay up late because I can. I feel like such an old fart when I have to be in bed by 9pm on school nights!!

Loser, that is me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home