Friday, October 06, 2006

Navy Blue

I found out this week that one of my best girlfriends from work has breast cancer. She has had two surgeries in the past two weeks to try to get it all out (lumpectomy). Finally, it looks like they did.

Anyway...I've decided to put my other projects on hold for the next week or so while I try to make her a quick prayer shawl. I'm improvising, not using a pattern from the Prayer Shawl Ministry or anything. Just a feather and fan stole on big US15 Brittany needles out of navy blue wool/acrylic blend so that it can be washable. I plan on knitting the two halves separately and then grafting them together in the middle so that the ends will both have the pretty scallops in a more symmetrical way.

I'm hoping I can get it done this long weekend so I can give it ot her this week. She'll be back on Tuesday for about a week until her first round of chemotherapy. I'm going to buy some cashmere yarn too, to make her a chemo cap.

Navy blue. It's her favorite.

1 Comments:

Blogger Procrastiknitter said...

Jaimi, I'm so sorry to hear about your coworker! This happened to one of my best girlfriends at the end of last school year but she had lung and bone cancer. I hope things go ok with her. Thinking of you both!

10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home