Friday, August 03, 2007

Consuming

Here is what is consuming me these days, in no order of preference or importance:

1. The Ribbed V-Neck Sweater from Fitted Knits by Stefanie Japel in Black Cascade Pastaza. Yummy, yummy yarn, I will use it again. I knit the body in my Knit Picks Options circulars; have I said lately how much I love them? They are so much better (for me) than Addis. Pointier, I like a pointy needle, I do. The sleeves? I was going to try to Magic Loop them, but in the end, I decided to follow the pattern and knit them flat with a seam. I am such a by-the-book sort of girl. I am using some Serendipity Needles (birch) that I bought on my Anniversary weekend at Adirondack Yarns in Lake Placid. They have funky polymer finials on the ends. Pretty.


2. I will be starting this one (#5!) today. I am slowly catching up, but I find myself slowing down, because I don't want the story to end. This one, I am especially looking forward to, because I haven't seen the movie yet, and so it will all be new to me. The others I had seen the films, so there were large parts that seemed familiar.

3. Shark Week--need I say more? Good knitting television.



4. The smallest of the small puppies--Delilah asleep on Cooper's bed. She is a good puppy, but still, a puppy and is a lot of work!


5. My hair. I want a hair cut. I need a style. I am tired of the easy way out, the all one length no effort look. I want something polished, professional, something that says I take the time to care about myself. Dare I say it? I want to be high maintenance. I like the one in the middle of the bottom row, but of course, my color, not blonde. (I can't do that high maintenance!)


6. And last but not least, I am planning a Girls' Movie Night here at the new house for my closest friends. Eight giggly girls and the big screen TV, what could be more fun? Oh, I know! If it had a theme to it...I can't say anymore until afterward, because Amy needs to be surprised.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home